Sunday, March 15, 2015

Warmer Temperatures make a Happy Dog!

Ever since we brought Murphy home, the weather has been nothing short of bitter.  I would take him out and want to come back inside 60 seconds later, much to poor Murphy's disappointment.  I took him to the Bark Park one afternoon, only to discover the whole place covered with ice-a first for me!  Needless to say, Murphy was bored being cooped up inside most of the day.  And he made sure I knew it too.







Then March 1st rolled around and like magic, the temperature immediately started improving.
Once it hit the 40's (yes, that's warm here), we took a Saturday and went downtown to explore a bit.  We liked finally being able to get to know our new home and Murphy loved that he could finally walk around and use any opportunity he could to find random city critters.








On July 9, 1993, the river flooded up to the red line on the sign.  Hope that doesn't happen again while we're here!







We have seen a handful of bald eagles in this area.  

The warmer it got, the more I went outside and I almost always brought Murphy with me.  We even went out to enjoy it when our close friends, James and Kayle Canuta came to visit us.  They loved meeting Murphy, seeing some flawless mid-American sunsets, finally appreciating Peter's game Dominion, and we loved having some familiar faces around. 








We were also finally able to have a Sunday stroll for the first time since we've been here.  We found a trail that, while now looks a tad sketchy, will look beautiful once spring leaves start to show and the grass get a bit greener.








I am so grateful that it is finally getting warmer.  I am happy that Peter and I can finally take Murphy (who is very happy as well and far less bored) out and explore Davenport so that we can be comfortable enough to call this place ours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment