Sunday, September 6, 2015

Comrades in Arms and a Sweaty Spouse

Friday was the start of our Labor Day weekend.  Peter was relieved that he didn't have to work a weekend for once.  We recognized that this was a rare occasion so I took advantage of the time I have with my other half and asked him what he would like to do with his time off.  Of course, I shouldn't have been surprised that his first response was that he wanted to take his shotgun out again.  Weather predictions said that it was going to be a perfect day for shooting so we planned to go out Saturday afternoon.  Peter wanted me to come along but we both knew that with me taking pictures, complaining about the heat, and trying hard to keep the gun aimed at the target and not accidentally at a person, he wouldn't have the best of time with just the two of us.

Luckily, Peter had a couple of coworkers that recently purchased shotguns of their own and were anxious to use them.  A simple suggestion at work was all that was needed to get them on board.



Peter Barnes is serious about his love of shotguns.
This is Catherine.  She is one of the trainees that started with Peter.  
This is Liz.  She is also a trainee but started months before Peter and Catherine showed up.










This is Catherine's friend Kate.  She was visiting from Texas and joined in on our fun.



The only decent picture of me holding a gun.


The Purina Gang!



While it was too hot for my liking and I now have a nice bruise on my shoulder from where the gun kicked, it was a fun outing with people we now call friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment