Saturday, January 16, 2016

Frozen Rivers and a Curious Spouse

After the holidays, temperatures went from bad to worse.  We hit wind chills in the -20's which resulted to ice everywhere.

I was surprised one day when Peter called me after work, asking if I wanted to take pictures out at Credit Island.  I was really hesitant with it being bitterly cold, but realized I hadn't used my camera in a while, so I decided to go.

It's always fun to see Peter with nature.  It helps me think of what he might've been like as a kid.  I was told he was very curious as a child, and after being married to him for only a few years, I quickly learned that that attribute didn't go away.  The river was mostly covered with a thick layer of ice and instantly, you could see that inner-child's eyes light up with the thought of walking onto the river to see how strong the ice really was.  But alas, that inner-child married an overly cautious woman who wouldn't let him go further than two feet away from shore.  He was disappointed, I'm sure.  But he's still alive, so I'm not sorry.








No photographers were harmed in the making of this picture.





No comments:

Post a Comment