Sunday, June 3, 2012

Moving, New Pets, Birthdays, and Lots and Lots of Updates!

 After a couple of months of falling off the face of the Blogger world, I've finally decided to update this thing.  (You would think that after two months, I would have more pictures, but I'm still waiting to get some and just didn't think to take some pictures at certain events.  Sorry!) 

Let's start with the first update- We are finally moved into our new temporary home.  As I mentioned in previous posts, our friends, Amy and Hermes, were moving to Alaska and needed someone to stay in their house while they are gone.  Seeing as our lease was going up the same time as they were leaving, we volunteered to help them out.  I'll have to admit, it was pretty hard for me to leave our first home, even if it is a tiny apartment.  But it was time for use to move on to bigger and better things I guess.
I was trying to pull a nail out of the wall but it was hammered into a stud...

Our place before...


And our place after we packed up.
I had to have a picture of us in front of our first home.  I'm kind of sentimental that way. Good bye Draper Oaks!

Second update- After we were in our new home, we got to bond with our new 'pets'!  Their previous owners couldn't take them to Alaska so we told them we didn't mind watching them for the months that we were there.   I love dogs and I've always wanted to have a dog.  So when I found out we were going to take care of two dogs, I was really excited!  They require a lot of work and love but they are great fun to have around...most of the time...
Meet Gordo and Cali!




Third update- Amy and Hermes also left their barbecue behind and Peter has been LOVING it!  We have barbecues ALL the time!
Peter making our dinner.



Fourth update- A couple of weeks ago I turned 23.  Doesn't feel much different than 22 only now I feel a lot older when I tell people how old I am.  That and Peter is a couple months younger than me so he now feels like he can go around and brag about how he married an 'older woman'.  Whatever...

Lori came up to visit for a week and stayed with us so she was there to celebrate my birthday.  It was a lot of fun having her there!  We love having family over!  We went to the park to play soccer and throw the Frisbee ( I was more excited to see the swings and spent most of the time over there)  But then the weather started getting bad so we went back home and had a great dinner that Peter and Lori prepared.  All in all, it was a fun day!  (p.s. I stole these pictures from Lori's blog...)
Peter throwing the Soccer ball through the hole in the Frisbee.


Great dinner!

Peter trying to give me a birthday kiss...

Fifth Update- For Mother's day we went home to Utah to surprise my mom for the weekend.  We were only there for a day but it was great to be home and to be able to actually give my mom a hug for Mother's day and not just a phone call or a text. My mom is going to send pictures to me of that day but I don't have them yet.  When I do, I will post them on here.  My family also got to come up for Memorial Day weekend and see us.  It was great to visit with them again and have them stay in our new home.   

Aside from that, life has been about the same.  Peter got a new job as a Contact Manager (sounds cool but I don't really know for sure what he does) at Farmer's Insurance and he's REALLY excited to be leaving Kmart.  

I'm still at Porter's...and that's all I've got to say about that...

That's about it!  Nothing else exciting has really been going on!  Once again I'm sorry I've been bad at updating this.  I will get better! 

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment