Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day of Independence and One Cute Lil' Visitor...

We love the Fourth of July!  The fireworks, the parades, the sunshine, the barbecues, and the whole community standing united along with the rest of the country to celebrate the day of the Independence that happened many many years ago.  
It all started when my older brother, Michael stopped by our place on the way to a family vacation (We couldn't go cause of work and school...like always...) and asked if we could watch his little bulldog for a few days while he was enjoying the Fourth with the rest of the family.  
Meet Lil' Mike.
He looks so excited to be at the parade...

Lil' Mike pooped after a big day celebrating.

My new nap buddy:)

Despite the chewing, the drooling, and the gassy mornings (from the dog...), he was a wonderful little dog to watch and SO ADORABLE!

We took Lil' Mike to the local Fourth of July Parade.  Peter was in it with his Insurance Company that he works for so it was just me and Lil' Mike, that is until we found out that my friends, Starla and Nicole, were watching it.  So we went to watch it with them.  I must say, as small as Peter's company's float was, I was very proud to see my husband out there, throwing candy to little kids (he tried to throw some to me, but those greedy little ones got to it before I could). 

My parade buddies!  Nicole and Starla!

The awesome Farmer's Insurance car!

There he is!

Peter and James doing their thing.


 That night, we had a nice barbecue and we admired the great sunset.  With the red, white, and blue, it looks like God's a little patriotic too:)



The Fourth is a great holiday.  I must say that it is one of my favorite holidays (aside from Christmas and Thanksgiving). I love celebrating the freedoms of this great country.  Seeing the memorials, the old veterans in their uniforms, the police carrying the American flag, and the sound of our National Anthem floating around that day, it makes me feel so proud to be apart of this great Nation.






 I hope everyone had as great of a Fourth as Me, Peter, and Lil' Mike did:)


No comments:

Post a Comment