Friday, July 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Peter!


 Tuesday was the day that Peter turned 23! It's finals week so not many people could come over to celebrate but I must say that it was a fun celebration despite it being just the two of us.  Peter said that all he wanted for his birthday was a home cooked meal (meatloaf) and home cooked dessert (apple pie).  Well this was going to be a bit of a challenge for me, seeing as I'm not much of a cook.  But when the meatloaf and the pie came out of the oven golden brown instead of charcoal black and not over cooked or under cooked but perfectly cooked meat, I must say that I was quite proud of myself!  Peter loved it and don't worry, the home cooked meal wasn't ALL I gave him for his birthday.  He's really into finance so I got him some personal finance books along with the Ronald Reagan Diaries.

It tastes a lot better than it looks I promise!  I got the recipe for it here.

I was proud of this!  My first homemade pie made from scratch! I got the recipe here.
Throw on some veggies and mashed potatoes and it was actually a great meal!
The Birthday Boy!





I'm so glad that this guy was born 23 years ago! He has been nothing but a great blessing in my life and I don't know what I would do without him.  He's been my best friend since we were both some young, immature, dorky freshmen up here and I love that he will be my best friend for the rest of eternity! I sure do love him:)


I hope Peter had a great birthday.  He deserves it!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Peter! Norma you're amazing! I can't wait to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete