Friday, April 10, 2015

Happy Sibling Day!

I was checking out social media today and I seemed to discover through random posts that it is in fact National Sibling Day!  Out west, I didn't seem to care too much about this particular holiday--probably because I saw them more than I do now--but now that I am far away from all of my siblings, I take this particular holiday to heart.  I miss them all terribly!

Michael is my oldest brother.  He is always full of wit and wisdom (and he has a beautiful wife, Cambri, and an adorable baby, Lucy Grey).  I always looked up to him as a big brother and will always be grateful to him for introducing me to laughing gas and ignoring the fact that I turn into a rambling/shouting maniac when under it.


Daniel is my other older brother.  He is one of the funniest people I have ever met!  We sometimes butted heads growing up, but I know that, no matter the circumstance, he always has my back.  He and his lovely wife, Cassie, always know how to have a good time and I'm grateful for his protection and acceptance towards me, even when I was a sensitive brat towards him.



Emily is the only sister I have (not counting in-laws of course).  As I mentioned in previous posts, we are total opposites in every sense of the word.  That would sometimes cause contention between us but at the end of the day, I always saw her as my best friend.  She is so smart, talented, kind, and always had a good hand in fashion!  Her husband, Mike, is one lucky guy and their little one is going to be one lucky kid to have her as a mom!



And then there's my youngest brother, Thomas.  He is the very definition of patience.  He brings a calm presence into our family and we all have missed him too much since he's left on his mission to California.  We loved messing with him when he was just a baby (which is probably where his patience came from) and then he stretched into a however-tall-he-is man that could easily take his older sister when challenged to a bit of rough-housing.  Whenever we were all together, I loved having him randomly come and put his arm around me (he probably just needed an arm rest) just because!


A little over a year ago, I heard this song on the radio.  It became pretty popular and when I heard it, I instantly thought of my brothers and sister.  I'm pretty simple minded, so I don't know if this song is actually about siblings, but to me it is.  And the lyrics explain exactly how I feel about Michael, Daniel, Emily, and Thomas.  No matter where we are in the world, and despite all our differences, For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do.

I'm glad I was reminded about National Sibling Day!  It helped me reminisce about the good ol' days with some of my favorite people in the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment