Friday, June 5, 2015

Update #3- A Memorable Memorial Day

Peter has been spending more hours at work than at home lately.  It's not his fault; work has been demanding. But I still miss seeing him as often as I use to.  So when we found out that he had Memorial Day off, we quickly planned a fun day.  

It started with us getting our fishing poles together, buying some permits, hooks, and bait (cheap hot dogs), and heading to Lost Grove Lake to try our luck at catching our dinner.  We have been wanting to go fishing for a while, and we were glad that we could finally include Murphy in a fun outdoor activity.  The fish we caught were actually illegal to catch, so we quickly threw them back in the water and after a few hours, we grabbed our equipment and heavily panting Murphy and headed back to our truck, fish-less.










Caught him trying to catch some shade while we were packing stuff up.
After we showered and changed, I got us tickets to a baseball game.  Davenport has a minor league team here called the River Bandits.  Sadly, our team lost, but it was fun to watch the game and the tickets were cheaper than a major league game which was an added bonus!




Since we didn't end up catching any fish that we could legally take home and cook, we had a little feast at Wendy's then headed back home where we got the painful reminder of what happens when we don't plan ahead and wear sunscreen.  Though my sunburn was very visible, it wasn't nearly as bad as what Peter had.  I just wish I took a picture of him.



It was a very fun weekend.  I loved being able to spend some time with Peter.  He works so hard to make sure I'm taken care of, the least I could do is make sure he enjoyed his day off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment