Friday, June 5, 2015

Update #1- Hotel Barnes Houses Homely Bird

Hey, folks.  It's been a while.

I am terribly sorry that so much time has flown by since my last post.  We've done pretty well in keeping ourselves busy while being here in Davenport.  Purina has Peter working non-stop and I am getting ready for Girl's Camp and comforting hysterical nursery kids on Sundays.

Three major things have really happened since April (I only call them major moments because I actually have pictures of them).  The first one being that we took in an ailing bird one night.

One of the first things I learned about Peter when we first got married was that he is a very curious person.  If there is something that piques his interest or catches his eye, he'll pursue it, research it, experiment with it, or in this case, pick it up and bring it in our home.  It's a great quality to have and the knowledge he has gained from his curiosity makes him one of the smartest people I know.  This particular evening just proved what I already knew.  

He wanted to go out and get himself a late night treat.  I decided to stay behind and get ready for bed.  He was gone all of three minutes when I heard a knock on the door.   I opened it to see Peter standing there, his hands clasped together, and a smile on his face followed with a, "Guess what I found!"  

I immediately pulled away, thinking he was going to pull some sort of sick joke and throw a mouse or a snake in my face.  But it was a different disease ridden creature.  


Peter explained that as he was walking to the truck, he noticed something moving underneath it, when he checked it out, he noticed the bird.  He didn't feel like running over the poor thing that evening, so he picked it up, thinking it's instincts with kick in and just fly away.  But it didn't.  The poor thing struggled to get away but something was keeping it from flying away.  I didn't have the heart to kick the bird out, so I agreed to let Peter bring it to our home and between me keeping Murphy away from it and Peter finding it behind our television after it tried to make a quick, but unsuccessful getaway, we managed to make a temporary home for our new winged friend.

Of course, then Peter remembered his late night craving, and left me alone with the bird.

I wanted to take more pictures, but it was dark, and I didn't want to freak it out again.  So I waited for Peter to come back and as I waited, I decided to play with my camera a bit and took some pictures of a creature that wasn't nearly as wild as the one we kept in a box for the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment