Monday, September 15, 2014

Fun with Friends and Mesa Falls!

Peter started his last semester of college today.  I was really excited for him.  This was his very last semester of papers, studying, group work, and tests (at least until Grad school rolls around)! He wasn't too thrilled about it.  In fact, this past weekend, it was a strict rule that we weren't allowed to mention school at all this weekend.  So, instead of wallowing in pre-semester jitters, we decided to get together with our dear friends, Kylie and Chad, and their adorable little girl, Brynn, and have a fun weekend starting with Mesa Falls.  

Kylie and I have been wanting to go to Mesa Falls ever since we roomed together 4-5 years ago, but for one reason or another, we haven't gone.  And with Fall around the corner, (SO excited for Fall!) we thought this would be the best opportunity to see the leaves change and feel the crisp air as well as see some beautiful scenery.  The closer we got to Mesa Falls, the prettier the drive was.


Being closer to Rexburg...

...and being closer to Mesa Falls.

When we finally got there, I was doing nothing but taking picture after picture after picture.  The waterfall was amazing and the walk there was beautiful!  I'm a huge fan of this place.














We finally met up with Chad, Kylie, and Brynn.  I was excited to see them and me and Kylie were glad that we could finally see Mesa Falls together, except this time with our little families.





I had to show everyone that Fall is finally coming!  I'm so excited!
After Mesa Falls, we went to Chad's family property to enjoy Mother Nature some more only with a bit of food added to it.  I loved watching Brynn while Kylie helped with food and Peter loved trying to build a fire 'the old fashioned way' with Chad.  
He liked bonding with Brynn as well.



This was a river right behind their house.  Very pretty!



We had Chad and Kylie stayed the night with us and it was fun hanging out with them just like before me and Peter got married.  The next day was Kylie's birthday.  So I asked her what she wanted and she said she just wanted to go pick apples at this local apple orchard.  So that's what we did.
(I didn't take many pictures of that event.  But I got some cool ones of the apples.)








We spent the rest of the evening relaxing and Peter and Brynn continued to bond some more.


This weekend was a great way to end our spring break and start fall semester.  We missed them and loved having them over. We are excited to see them come Halloween!  


No comments:

Post a Comment