Friday, September 16, 2011

Thank Goodness It's Friday!!!

So one really rare thing happened today...Peter and I both had the day off! Well kind of...

I had classes all day today. And it RAINED!!! I loved it!!! I don't know if any of you guys know this but I LOVE RAIN! I love the dark clouds, I love getting caught in it, I love the smell of it, I love the sound of it, I just love everything about rain! Peter on the other hand wasn't too happy with it. Said it reminded him of his mission where it rained all the time. But I didn't let it put a damper on my rain loving spirit. After classes, Peter went to work for a couple hours at his part time job at Farmer's Insurance. After that, Peter and I went to walk to a local farmer's market. The whole farmer's market took over about about half of the Taco Bell parking lot but it was still fun to walk around and see all the fun things that people put together. This includes an all girl band of three middle aged women singing old songs that we forgot existed while asking for donations so they could make an album, a man named Fritz selling his bratwurst from his homeland in Germany, and a Latino woman asking us to sign a petition asking the Chamber of Commerce to stop referring to Independence Day as "Whoopee Day" (yes, we did sign it...)
After walking around the farmer's market 3 or 4 times, we decided to walk to Walgreen's to see if maybe they had a good movie in their Red-box for us to watch. But of course we should have realized that it was the first Friday night in a college town so of course all of the good movies were going to be out while the only movies left were a bunch of low budget films that no one has ever heard of.
We were getting tired and didn't want to walk anymore so we went back to our car and drove to Wal-Mart were we both decided that we wanted Apple Cider and Hot Chocolate to have for the night, the only problem was we didn't have any mugs...so we went shopping for mugs and I must say that it felt a lot like shopping for clothes, "Babe, which mug would look good with me holding it?" "Which one looks like it could be my mug?" After we picked our soul mugs, we went home to have our cider and to enjoy some wholesome shows consisting "Parks and Recreation" and the classic "Mr. Bean".
So all in all I would say that our day off was pretty successful. Who says married people are boring?

4 comments:

  1. Married people are totally not boring.. it's just that nobody gets to hang out with them too see how fun they are lol. I love your posts Jill! I miss your fun personality. I am so glad the married life is going great for ya. Enjoy all the fun memories. They get better every year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel! I miss you too! Congrats on the little one! I hope to meet him or her someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a little boy and you can meet him after January :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A boy! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete