Tuesday, November 29, 2011

7 friends+1 cute baby+1 turkey+1 Wal Mart= One Fun Thanksgiving!

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone and now it's time to report about that great holiday.

Thanksgiving this year was a little hard for me seeing as that it was the first Thanksgiving I spent away from my family (did I mention I hate work?) and that I was spending it was a nasty cold :(
Luckily, we had some good friends that invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner. After waiting some time for the turkey to cook and for Peter to come back after I sent him home to get the camera and some more stuff for our pies, we finally sat down and had our grand feast! We went around and said what we were thankful for. Of course, I said I was grateful for my wonderful husband and my great family and friends (and Peter said the same about me:) only I'm his wonderful wife. I don't think he has a wonderful husband...at least I hope not...) after filling up on turkey, rolls, soda, and potatoes, I crashed on the couch with Amy and her little baby Haydn, while the men played a serious game of Risk. And by serious I mean super long...

Ten o'clock rolled around and we all decided it would be fun to hit Wally World and see all the "fun" people that were up waiting for Black Friday. It was super crowded so after a while we finally left and headed for home. We then laid on the couch together and watch "Charlie Brown's Christmas" together (now that Thanksgiving was over, I didn't feel bad watching it anymore:).

All in all it was a great holiday. Had I wished I was with family in Utah? Of course! But would I change the fun Thanksgiving I had with some great friends? Absolutely not:)

No comments:

Post a Comment