Sunday, October 9, 2016

1,825 days as Mr. and Mrs. Barnes...(part 7 of major update)

Our wedding anniversary this year fell in the middle of our family reunion.  We didn't want to miss anything with the family in the afternoon, so we decided to celebrate in the morning.  We had breakfast at the same pancake house and visited some of the same stuff that we saw five years ago.  
My handsome guy 5 years later in the same booth, at the same restaurant.



Us in 2011 and then again in 2016


 It was fun to go back and think about all the memories we made when we were just a couple of kids, only married a couple of days, and had Drew and Jessica hanging out next door.  It was a fun honeymoon and I am glad that we could go back five years later.



My first time at the Atlantic Ocean!

Drew and Jessie made our honeymoon even more enjoyable!  I'm glad they were there.






I'm glad I picked Peter to be my husband.  Our marriage isn't perfect and sometimes life just gets hard.  But at the end of the day, when I'm in bed and I look over at my snoozing guy, I can't help but feel incredibly grateful.  I'm grateful for his patience, his humor, his desire to provide, and his unconditional love for me.  It's been a fun ride as Mrs. Barnes so far and I'm excited to see what the next 5 years will bring.  



No comments:

Post a Comment