Sunday, October 9, 2016

Peter's 2nd (hopefully not last) Davenport Clay Classic...(final part of major update)

(Link to Additional Pictures)

July 18th, I got a text from Peter saying he just found out that he was being transferred which meant that we were moving to Dunkirk, New York.  They flew us out there for a few days so that Peter could "officially" accept his promotion and so we could find a place to live.  When figuring out when to start working in the Dunkirk plant, Peter mentioned to his new boss that he really would like to start later than they originally asked because he really didn't want to miss the Clay Classic that the Davenport plant participates in.  Thankfully, his boss agreed to the change and Peter prepared for one of his most favorite events.  I enjoyed being a part of the team and the weather was perfect, but my favorite part of the day was seeing that smile stay on Peter's face all day long.  He loves this kind of thing and it made me smile to see Peter in his element.  I hope, if given the opportunity, Peter will be able to go back to participate again.


Team Captain Peter!



I took a lot of Peter's coworkers' pictures.  There were too many to put on the blog so I mainly put up ones with Peter in the shot.  But this one I was too proud of not to post.  I finally got some fire out of the barrel!  This is Rich, another manager at the Davenport Plant.





I had fun being the self appointed golf cart chauffeur again! 














Peter's team

Nestle Purina team


Peter has enjoyed getting to know everyone that works at the Davenport plant.  We've loved being a part of all these fun activities and all the friends that we have made.  We went there knowing that it was only going to be a temporary move, but that didn't stop me from shedding a few tears as I said goodbye to friends and drove away from the town that I've enjoyed calling home.  I hope we'll be able to visit someday.

That being said, we have loved living in our new little town in New York.  The sales tax is a bit much but it is beautiful here and we love being close to a lot of fun places.  We can't wait for all the memories we're going to create here.

No comments:

Post a Comment